38 Inspiring Quotes by Albert Einstein
One of the most influential scientists of the 20th century is a physicist Albert Einstein. When he was only 26 when (1905), he had four separate papers published, stimulating the field of physics, including the special theory of relativity. He drastically transformed the understanding of how the universe works.
Einstein clearly had a talent for science and mathematics from an early age. He was an average pupil, experienced speech challenges, which permanently influenced his view of the human potential and education.
In 1921 Albert Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics. When the Nazis were on the rise in his native Germany, he was targeted for assassination, because he was Jewish-born. Then, in 1933 he moved to the United States and worked at Princeton University in New Jersey for the rest of his life.
He became a central figure in the fight to restrict the use of the atom bomb, and a strong voice against the nationalism and racism.
His name has become synonymous with creativity and genius.
Here are our top 38 Albert Einstein quotes:
1) “Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.”
2) “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
3) “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
4) “I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever.”
5) “Try not to become a man of triumph, but rather try to become a man of worth.”
6) “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
7) “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
8) “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.”
9) “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
10) “A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
11) “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
12) “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
13) “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
Education versus school
14) “A human being is part of a whole called by us the universe.”
15) “A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?”
16) “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
17) “The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
18) ‘Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”
19) “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
20) “Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.”
Everything is a miracle
21) “Once you stop learning, you start dying.”
22) “All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.”
23) “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
24) “Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason, mastery demands all of a person.”
25) “It has become awfully obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
26) “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
27) “A ship is always safe at the shore but that is not what it’s built for.”
28) “Weak people revenge. Intelligent people ignore. Strong people forgive.”
29) “Education is not the learning of facts, it’s rather the training of the mind to think.”
30) “What is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular.”