Roasted Sweet Potato, Beet, and Kale Salad
This salad is packed with ingredients, such as greens, proteins, and fiber, plus contains a rainbow of nutrients. This salad is perfect and can also double as a complete meal!
The main ingredients of this salad are beets, sweet potato, and kale. Look at the benefits of those superpower ingredients:
Beets are packed with essential minerals, vitamins, and plant compounds that are delicious and easy to add to your diet. They have numerous health benefits, including many nutrients in few calories, keeping blood pressure in check, improve athletic performance, fighting inflammation, improving digestive health, supporting brain and many others.
Sweet Potato has plenty of health benefits, such as the ability to help lose weight, aid in digestion, boost immunity, treat bronchitis and asthma, and control diabetes. Additionally, sweet potatoes help in treating stomach ulcers and arthritis.
Kale is a nutritional powerhouse, which has great benefits, why is added to numerous meals. The top best benefits of kale are that it is low in calorie, high in fiber, high in iron, great anti-inflammatory food, great for cardiovascular support, lowers cholesterol, contains cancer-fighting substances and many others.
Follow the next instructions for preparing the salad:
– 1 large sweet potato
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans
– 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
– 1 bunch kale, chopped
– 4 beets peeled
– 2 tbsp. coconut oil
– 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
– Salt and pepper
1 tsp wasabi
2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lime
METHOD of PREPARATION
1) Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
2) Peel fresh beets and dice them and sweet potato into 3cm cubes
3) Toss on a baking sheet with coconut oil, pepper, and salt and bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
4) At the same time while the vegetables are cooking, blanch the kale to reduce bitterness and soften the greens.
5) Stir the chopped kale leaves into boiling water for 2-3 minutes,
6) Drain the kale leaves, then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
7) Toss together the sweet potato, pecans, beets, cranberries, kale, and quinoa.
To make the dressing,
8) Place vinegar, lime, and wasabi and juice in a blender.
9) Blend on medium for 30 seconds.
10) Add dressing to salad and toss well.