Natural Remedies That Reduce Uric Acid
Gout is one of the most common types of arthritis, which is followed by severe pain in joints (mainly near the big toe). Gout attacks are more intensive during the night and are accompanied by redness, heat, and swelling on the affected area.
When the intensity of the pain is so high, the people can’t even touch the inflamed joint.
What Causes Gout
Gout attacks are usually triggered by things like excess alcohol intake, dehydration, crash diet, injury, sodas, infection, etc. Actually, gout is caused by hyperuricemia, which is a buildup of uric acid in the blood.
During the purine metabolism in the body, the people get uric acid in the blood, which is the outcome of this natural process. From the blood uric acid is transported to the kidneys and flushed out as urine.
When your body produces more uric acid, this amount can’t be fully processed by your kidneys. The excess uric acid is accumulated in the form of crystals around joints (especially on the base of the big toe). That’s how the gout is developed.
How to Treat Gout Naturally
Since uric acid buildup is the main cause of gout, you should take measures to reduce it. There are prescribed medications, but you can treat any type of gout attacks (acute or chronic) with the lifestyle changes and certain diet.
Here are the most common gout triggers:
– Drinking too much alcohol
– Crash diets and fasting
– Sweet sodas
– Eating plenty of high-purine foods
– The drug cyclosporine
– Joint injury
– Starting treatment for reducing uric acid
– Surgery or sudden, severe illness
– Taking diuretic medications for edema, heart failure or hypertension
How to Reduce Uric Acid
You should make certain diet changes, such as:
– Avoid sugar-sweetened beverages
– Limit your alcohol intake
– Avoid products with high fructose corn syrup
– Reduce foods high in saturated fats
– Drink plenty of water, sugar-free natural juices, and herbal teas
– Avoid stressful events, and learn how to manage the stress (practicing yoga, meditation, deep breathing, listening to music, walks in nature, etc.).
– Reduce foods such as white bread, cakes, and candy
– Get proteins from lean meat, fish, and poultry
– Vitamin C can help the treatment of gout, but with the consulting the doctor
Tonics to Fight Gout
1) Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a glass of warm water and drink before breakfast, which will increase your body’s alkalinity
2) Drink on a daily basis a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before lunch and dinner.
3) Drink every day a glass of water with 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda.
Foods to Eat to Treat Gout
• Devil’s Claw’s extract
• Grapes, berries, and cherries
– Gout near your big toe can be treated by soaking it in Epsom salt three or more times a week.
– Apply hot and cold compresses for 15 minutes each for two to three hours.
Home Remedy for Reducing Uric Acid in the Body
• 1 grapefruit
• 1 cucumber
• A cup of pineapple chunks
• A 2-inch ginger root
Blend all ingredients and drink immediately this juice every day.