Learn Why Ingrown Toenails Appear and How to Get Rid of Them
Ingrown toenails are a condition when the edges or corners of your nails grow into the skin next to the nail. There are many things that can cause an ingrown toenail, including:
– Cutting toenails incorrectly
– Irregular, curved toenails
– Footwear that places a lot of pressure on the big toes
– Toenail injury
– Poor posture
– Improper foot hygiene,
This enduring disease is treated in different ways, such as surgeries and conventional ways of removing the problem. However, if you don’t want to go over to this unpleasant and pretty expensive treatment in a hospital, your problem can be solved right at your home.
However, you should have in mind that this is manageable when you are at an early phase and there aren’t any signs of complications.
Remove your ingrown toenail without surgeries
Follow the next procedure:
1) Soften the nails and the skin with hot bath
2) Put three tablespoons of the baking soda inside of 5 l of water
3) Add some salt,
4) Heat the water (but the temperature shouldn’t be more than 37 C).
5) Put the nail inside it
6) Then, put a small cotton piece between the skin and your nail and using tweezers raise the nail at the end
7) Use iodine (antibacterial cream) on the cotton piece before it is put on the affected area
8) Wait at least 24 hours and then put a new cotton piece and new wrapper
9) Repeat this procedure for fifteen days, and you should expect that the nail will go back to the normal condition
When it is difficult for you to put cotton on this place, then use a mix based on honey and garlic (1 tablespoon of honey and a ground garlic clove) or Aloe Vera on the area that is affected. The used cream must have huge antiseptic features.
In these methods, the crucial moment is the changing of the cotton every 24 hours and softening the skin.
In order to avoid the future problems, you need to do the pedicures regularity. In case of an infection onto the pus and the nail, you should see a doctor as soon as possible.