Look at the Most Common Bedtime Habits and How to Avoid Them
The people can even not imagine how much the sleeping is important for their health. Everyone who doesn’t sleep properly overnight has a great chance to experience some health problems. Many times, the main reason for having sleeping problems are the bad sleeping habits that people practice on a daily basis.
If you want to avoid any sleeping problem, here’s what you shouldn’t do before going to bed:
1. Make sure your feet are warm
If you want to sleep well overnight, never go to bed with cold feet. Always keep the feet nicely tucked under a blanket.
2. Avoid coffee 4 hours before bedtime
Drinking coffee affects sleeping so, before going to bed (at least 4 hours) avoid it.
3. You don’t have a bedtime routine
A bedtime routine is something very helpful in order to sleep calmly overnight. Everyone should set up one or more routines before going to bed. Here are some ideas:
– Putting on your pajamas and brush your teeth
– Meditation, breathing & mindfulness
– Listen to music
– Write down worries and reminders for the next day
– Have a relaxing drink or light snack and others
4. Keep electronic devices away from your bedroom
All devices, such as smartphone, tablets, TV and other screens should be kept away from your bedroom. They are surely attracting your attention and interrupt with your sleeping pattern.
5. Sleep on the left side
Numerous studies showed that sleeping on the left side of your body keeps your digestion and overall health in check, allowing you to sleep properly overnight.
6. Avoid bright alarm clocks
Flashing alarms, also can draw away your attention and affect you to be unable to fall asleep.
7. Avoid reading in bed
Even the bedtime routine, such as reading is helpful, sometimes it can interrupt your sleep and keep you alert for longer.
8. Avoid taking naps
Naps are beneficial for boosting your brain functions, but if they have become a habit, you may have sleeping problems overnight.
9. Don’t drink anything at least an hour before bedtime
In order to avoid the wake up with an urge to pee in the middle of the night, don’t drink anything an hour before going to bed.
10. Don’t eat anything before going to bed
If you eat something a couple of hours before going to bed, it will make things uncomfortable and leave you sleepless overnight.
11. Make sure you get a quality mattress
One of the main reasons for insomnia is a sleeping on a low-grade mattress. So, don’t save money on the most important thing for your health – sleeping.
12. Avoid exercising 2-3 hours before bedtime
The adrenaline that increases while exercising will keep you awake, so make sure to avoid exercises for a few hours before going to bed.